Saturday, October 11, 2008

Digitally capturing the footsteps of Jesus

I've always been extravagant when it comes to taking home my holiday memories on film, so now that cameras have gone digital there's no holding me back!

When I'm at home I regularly download my photos from my SD card and save them on my computer, so the question of memory card capacity doesn't really come up. However, on the road it assumes greater importance since the more photos my card will hold the less frequently I need to download to a computer or other portable media to clear my card to take more shots.

I've been researching this subject and found many websites with tables telling me how to calculate the capacity of my memory card in a particular size megapixel camera - but every one differs because there are so many variables involved.

You could say - as a 'ballpark' figure - that a 7 megapixel camera with a 2GB memory card will hold approximately 500 photos. However, even if you think that's plenty for you, I always feel it's a good idea to have a back-up copy of my precious memories, which I keep separately from the camera.

If you would like to create a back-up of your holiday photos as our tour progresses, or clear your memory card to take more snapshots, simply bring along a USB drive (4GB would be great) and I'll gladly do this for you, using my computer.

No comments: