Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The last post

This blog doesn’t belong to me. It belongs to the 16 others who made the pilgrimage with us to Israel.

I’ve tried to reflect as closely as possible, in words and photos, the very special experience we’ve all had so it will be a permanent reminder of this special time we’ve shared together.

For each one of us it will have been different, and reading this blog will give you just a taste of what it is like to go to the country where our Christian faith all began. We’ve touched our very deepest roots in Old Testament history and felt deep bonds with both the Israeli and Palestinian people.

And we’ve walked where Jesus walked – quite literally – and visited the hillsides, mountains, lakes, streets and synagogues where he taught.

If you know one of the group who Boak and I been delighted to have travelled with over the last two and a half weeks, please ask them to tell you more about their pilgrimage and what it has meant to them.

I pray it has brought each of them closer to the real Jesus, and I pray that you too have been found this an inspirational journey.

zzzzz

We are now enjoying a brief interlude of R & R on our way home. If you would like to follow my normal blog you’ll find it at http://www.snippetsnscraps.blogspot.com/ .

When at home I mostly blog about quilting and stitchery, books, food, cooking, entertaining, church activities, gardening and ‘stuff’. Life at home is not nearly as exciting as my travels!

2 comments:

Bronwen said...

Hello Di, thank you so much for putting the interesting commentary and great photos on the blog. I haven't been able to follow it very often in the last 10 days as we have had to take a bit of a holiday before all the moves to the new house, job etc. but I have had a quick look whenever I could. It has been great to see Ralph, you and Boak and our family in the photos (just because we know you all). It looks and sounds as though it has been a very good trip for all. Our 3 have loved it! I had to smile when you said on your blog that you take hand work to do when away. I always do that too, and hand pieced bits when we did the Biblelands tour with Paul and Anita. I have been doing a little bit of embroidery at Noosa over the last week. I am looking forward to having a look at your beautiful grand daughter one day. Is she on any of your blogs?
See you, Bronwen C

Anonymous said...

Dear Di thank you so much for letting me be a part of In the Footsteps of jesus! by following your blog. I was taken back to Bible lessons at school a very long time ago but still remains in my mind. I hope you had a nice few days of R& R together with Boak. Look forward to seeing your hand work when you return to quilting.
Thanks so much with warm regards janet