Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Petra taxis

IMG_8025

IMG_8062

Some wondered whether to do it….IMG_8028 But we had wandered quite a long way by the time we stopped for refreshments.IMG_8083 In the end most took the plunge and rode back to the Treasury (the entrance to the Siq path) either on donkeys….IMG_8084 IMG_8085 IMGP1444 IMGP1445 … or by camel.IMGP1432  Copy of Boak and Di Camels 3 IMG_8088 M2 even saved her legs and took one of these buggies right to the top. (This isn’t her in the photo).IMG_8098 The horses were waiting to take us to the gate.IMG_8105  IMG_2109 IMG_8104 (I apologise for showing so many photos of myself in this post, but they were all I had. I think our fellow-travellers are waiting to view their own ‘animal antics’ back home before sharing their photos with me!)

3 comments:

Lindi said...

Tell us, Di, those little cubicles in the background (last photo) would they happen to be toilets? If so, they look awfully modern for Petra!

Di said...

Lindi, I thought you were an angel - you're actually such a devil! Yes, they are toilets!!!! I hoped no-one would notice. Thanks for blowing my cover (but I'll still speak you :-))

Anonymous said...

Hi Di,
can't think what's better - having you at the quilt group or having you traveling and sending us your marvelous pictures and entralling commentary!
Keep enjoying yourself and see you soon.
Jan